AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stine seed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

senodak
Posted 3/8/2024 20:20 (#10657850 - in reply to #10657826)
Subject: RE: Stine seed

Correct. I believe there are two conditioners that condition the beans for my area, I've been happy with the bean seed quality. But I can see depending on the contractor how it may not be great. Its a different approach compared to some companies that do it all in house at a huge seed plant. Keeps cost down with just as good of quality in some cases.... but as you say maybe not always. Seed cleaning is not rocket science, you can have some independent contractors (usually dealers themselves) with half million to million dollar value seed conditioning plants instead of one gigantic 100 million dollar plant filled with year round employees.

Corn is mediocre and the treatment package in the corn is flaky, bunch of pink dust in the air filling the planter where other companies aren't like that. They are behind the times in their corn offerings. But I tried a new MX corn last year and it did really well. Bean genetics are second to none.

The company is awesome to deal with, we had to replant a lot of beans because of a frost and they covered it 100% and were on top of it where some companies were not helping their customers out as much.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)