AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The “Election Effect”. Will we see a rush to buy by the Chinese?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Johndeere7920
Posted 3/11/2024 07:31 (#10660963 - in reply to #10660906)
Subject: RE: The “Election Effect”. Will we see a rush to buy by the Chinese?

Central Indiana
I’m not counting on anything like this happening in the short term because the markets went to hell last time he was in office and they haven’t forgotten that. They’ll just turn their noses up to us and keep buying from Ukraine and SA for pennies on the dollar of what they can from us.

Only way I see a rally coming for old crop in bins and carrying new crop is a drier than normal spring and early summer that lets the funds liquidate their shorts in the event of a weather scare. Shipping will become more difficult on barge to the gulf due to lower river levels which will put a damper on moving grain. Going to see basis in the west increase as end users run short on corn from farmers holding hoping for a 5 in front of old crop yet again and they’ll pull grain from the east via rail.

Just don’t see this turning around until a weather scare happens but don’t see it going much lower either. Just trade sideways for the meantime while elections play out but I don’t see this rally coming from any possible election outcome in the future. If anything I can see trading back to support as they’ll just shut us off again and buy from somewhere else
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)