AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Winter weeds
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Deltamudd
Posted 3/13/2024 18:11 (#10663898 - in reply to #10663872)
Subject: RE: Winter weeds

Yea I always try to do it in one but usually I have to spot spray areas a second time. They are pretty thick here.

I’ve tried gramoxone in the past and when they are this thick it’s take 25gpa to get good coverage with it. And even then it’d be a two pass and the weeds would be harder to kill.

Last year I used rup and elevore and it worked pretty well except one broadleaf weed it didn’t kill. Cant think of the name. It’s a rosette looking thing if I recall correctly. So this year I’m tossing in 24d for that specific weed. But like I said it’s mostly henbit and shepherd purse and a little swinecress. And adding the valor to heat it up some and get some residual. If I can get the weeds crispy enough to cut thru with the planter I don’t mind planting in a little cover. It’s actually amazing to me how some crispy weeds that get planted over and cut up with discs really disappear after the first rain. Going to spray again sometime at planting or a couple weeks after it comes up. I’ve found when you get a pretty thick mat of dead weeds the weed pressure Isn’t as bad early on

Edited by Deltamudd 3/13/2024 18:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)