AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Galileo High Accuracy Service
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ncook
Posted 3/15/2024 13:22 (#10666148 - in reply to #10666087)
Subject: RE: Galileo High Accuracy Service

Clinton County, Michigan
I see Galileo High Accuracy Service (HAS) as a more accurate replacement for WAAS... ie to get an refined position that doesn't require a correction source other than what it gets from a satellite for free. L1+L5 WAAS using a 2nd L5 frequency to improve the accuracy is a similar improvement, but I haven't heard how good that is.
Most new receivers + antennas are capable of tracking Galileo and E6 frequency. E6 frequency is a bit unusual, it's center frequency is 1278.75 MHz, which is not in line with L1, L2, or L5. So again, the antenna needs to be designed with this extra frequency in mind. Theoretically if the receiver and antenna are capable, it means they just need to write it into the firmware to decode and use the signal as part of the position solution. Since HAS only recently went operational, I think it's just a matter of time before the manufactures get through development and testing to release something.
On the other hand, NovAtel, Trimble, Deere, (and others) already have their own satellite based correction subscriptions with different accuracy choices. From a business standpoint, I don't know how quick they will be to roll out something that someone can use free that replaces their lowest level subscription.
Cheaper L1+WAAS only receiver models won't be able to take advantage, without some redesign for Galileo and E6 compatibility, which will increase their cost as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)