AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Post corn recipes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

CubicalRefugee
Posted 3/15/2024 20:47 (#10666620 - in reply to #10666549)
Subject: RE: Post corn recipes

SE Iowa
Edit: I misread it to say non GMO corn post. GMO is easier...DiFlexx or Status, gen Callisto, Atrazine, and glyphosate for grass.

I've been working on my program this week...was about to make a post, so glad you did it for me!

Seems like the go to recommendation is to plan the post spray at V2-V5. Run a safened dicamba product to do the heavy lifting (DiFlexx or Status), plus a HPPD for help with broadleaf and grass control (Impact, Laudis, maybe callisto but it is very weak on grass and getting weak on broadleaves here). Add a pint of Atrazine to boost the HPPD. If grass is a significant problem, run Accent as well. Finally, a group 15 residual if you need help getting to canopy.

Reading about folks mixing Laudis with generic Dicamba...the idea is to use the safener in Laudis to safen the Dicamba (Isoxadifen, which is the same safener in Status, but not the same as DiFlexx). Basically, making your own DiFlexx Duo, but cheaper (and different safener). Keep in mind, Status and DiFlexx are not the same dicamba formulation so it isn't exactly apples to apples.

I have some generic Clarity (DiCash DGA4) on inventory, so looking at running it with Laudis and Atrazine, and then spiking it with Accent if we have grass problems.

6-8oz DiCash DGA4
3oz Laudis
16oz Atrazine
1/2 to 2/3oz Primero (generic Accent)

Still need to run the numbers on how much AMS and oil to run...may add a pint of Dual which would cut back on oil requirements.

Would love to hear comments from folks that have experience running a program like this. Is the combination of unsafened dicamba and a low rate of unsafened accent going to be too hard on the corn even with the safener from Laudis? Any problems running this mix too early (spike to V1)? I know that it is off the table once the corn hits 12" tall...full safener at that point.

Wondering if I should throw in some molasses to help keep the drift under control as there seems to be plenty of guys that have struggled getting Laudis to stay put.

Edited by CubicalRefugee 3/15/2024 20:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)