AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DJI AGRAS T-50 Release
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

TrussServicesLLC
Posted 3/19/2024 11:50 (#10671427 - in reply to #10669030)
Subject: RE: DJI AGRAS T-50 Release

North Central Ohio
It could be considered a "T40 Pro". Here are the differences between T50 and T40.

Here are the main differences/upgrades for the T50: First is the radar system. It has 2 omnidirectional radars (both significantly larger than the singular on the T40). This allows for significantly better terrain following as well as obstacle avoidance. Next up are the liquid pumps. Though it has the standard 40L tank out of the box, the pumps have been sized up significantly. The advantage of the larger pumps is the ability to pump more fluid and get more acres covered in less time. The T40 recently had a firmware update taking the ground speed from 22.5mph to 31mph. The problem with the T40 is that the pumps are maxed out at 32.8ft/sec and 32.5’ swath. With that said, the T40 has to decrease the swath width to 28.5’ to fly the 31mph. The T50 will fly the 31mph at 32.5’ swath. Likewise, it has the option to add another 2 nozzles on the other 2 prop arms allowing for better/quicker high volume applications. From the simple math I did accounting for refill and everything, the T50 could potentially push 60-70ac/hr if your tender and manpower could support it even with a 10.5 gal tank.

Other than that, most of the repair parts and accessories are the same as the T40 which allows operations to run both models of drones and be able to have most generally one set of parts on hand.

Regarding insurance, I am sharing my own experience. Ultimately it all depends on who you go through. The guy that I go through for my drone insurance (VT Insurance) has told me that the price is the same for the coverage regardless of if you did it custom or for your own operation. The coverage has the drone, chemical and non-chemical liability all covered under the policy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)