AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader applying nh3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/17/2024 12:59 (#10668585 - in reply to #10668488)
Subject: RE: Agleader applying nh3

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Have you explored the Headlands feature? I have not since we always do the Headland first. I believe the Headland feature will allow you to do what I believe you want to do.

We always use Auto Swath when spraying to shut off the booms but then flip the Master OFF once Auto swath has turned them all off. We then make our turn around and flip the Master back on prior to being back into the main part of the field. This really shouldn't be necessary with a good boundary but it may prevent surprises if the auto swath thinks the outer section should be back On since a small portion was missed between the Headland pass and the Boundary. I had that happen near my brother's driveway. I was not aware this was happening since I was busy making the turn. The outer boom section came back on as it was over the edge of the field . The Roundup killed the grass in an arc shaped as it passed over the edge of his driveway.

When I applied NH3 with my own bar, it was just a single section and I didn't use auto swath at all. I felt it was safer (especially with NH3) to be in complete control.

If I would have had a multi-section bar, I would likely have used Auto swath for section control but would still use the Master on the ends for safety. As far as lead time, I don't think I would want much if any. I would be concerned that the system would shut off the section too soon. I would rather have it shut off right on the end. I would leave the bar in the ground for a bit so as not to waste any extra NH3 into the air and then raise the bar.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)