AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Atrazine Residual After Milo And Planted Back To Wheat Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SamT
Posted 3/18/2024 10:39 (#10669896 - in reply to #10669128)
Subject: RE: Atrazine Residual After Milo And Planted Back To Wheat Question

Texas
The only thing I’ve seen take out the rye is to plant late. Let it emerge and roundup it before wheat emerges.

I mold boarded a pivot 2 years ago that had rye from previous tenant. It reduced it by 90%. I’m planting early for cattle grazing and it’s slowly coming back.

I’m pretty sure the rye will come through anything that won’t kill the wheat and has a similar germ temp range. Good news is it makes it through the cleaner at the elevator and won’t be noticed.

I wouldn’t go over a pint of atrazine on Milo ahead of wheat if you don’t have history of atrazine. The guys getting away with quarts or more have been using it for years and their soil biology brakes it down. There’s always some risk there though depending on rainfall mostly.

If zidua happened to stop the rye a delayed pre emerge app of that with roundup may help. It’s awesome pre emerge on the smaller seeded grasses. I’d consult your local basf or FMC rep.
I’ve wondered if a guy could spray 24D on the rye after it heads if the wheats not booted and sterilize the heads.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)