AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When is the "normal" seasonal highs in the cattle market?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jcolli140
Posted 3/19/2024 11:20 (#10671389)
Subject: When is the "normal" seasonal highs in the cattle market?

SC Wisconsin
I start all my holsteins as newborns and contract them as fats. Switched to this marketing style from my old style of selling gooseneck loads through the salebarn about a year ago so I don't have the historical knowledge of seasonal highs and stuff. My question is when do you typically see the seasonal highs in the market? Obviously April is the highest month, but do you see April bids the highest in March or during the delivery month? I've got a handful of loads locked in on basis only for December this year and April next, but I want to get a price locked in now on them. Market feels toppy to me and when everyone says they are going higher is usually when the top is in are a couple things that make me want to get covered. I've done very well getting these calves bought at less than half of what current calf market is right now so I want to keep the bird in the hand instead of chasing the 2 in the bush. Regardless I want to be locked in before end of April, just not sure if prices "typically" push higher into April or if they begin the seasonal decline once the delivery month starts. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)