AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ATU300 advice. Sensitivity settings.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

EastOnfarmer
Posted 3/19/2024 18:18 (#10671809 - in reply to #10671706)
Subject: RE: ATU300 advice. Sensitivity settings.

Eastern Ontario, Canada
first off make sure you have all the measurements correct in the atu vehicle setup. especially make sure it knows it an articulate tractor. then i would start with every setting in the middle at 100. adjust heading sensitivity and line sensitivity together down 5 or 10 at a time. but always together seems best to get a baseline setup. also steer play setting can play a big part. if you turn the steering wheel does the tractor start turning right away or is there a delay. if there is a delay then id start with playing with steering play setting. I use the steering sensitivity as a speed adjustment with my atu 300's, planting at 5mph i have it around 40-50, 12 mph cutting hay and it needs 90-100. its like the last fine tune setting. not the first.

this next bit may not pertain to you but more of a general PSA.

most importantly, You may have already, but many people don't read the owners manuals it seems. I read all of them for my equipment, and thats how i learned to set my atu's up on my own. before setting anything read the manual! and if its a piece of Deere equipment, not having a hard copy manual is not an excuse, they are all online for free.

Edited by EastOnfarmer 3/19/2024 18:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)