AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Solar Eclipse
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Sidneyfarmer
Posted 3/22/2024 10:38 (#10675134 - in reply to #10675098)
Subject: RE: Solar Eclipse

Sheridan Mi
I don't know anybody who ever saw a total eclipse who wasn't moved by it somehow. We went to the one in 17 down in Tennessee. When it was partial, I was glad to be there, but it was kind of a let down. I'd seen partials before. When that thing went total and I was sitting there in a lawn chair looking up at a black hole in the sky in the middle of the afternoon, it did something. I talked to an old guy from eastern Kentucky a few months ago, older than me, and we were talking about it. He just smiled and shook his head and said he'd never seen anything like it in his life. I was talking to an astronomer two years ago about it. He asked me if it did anything to me. I told him that it literally changed my life and that every since then, I've craved that feeling again. He said he'd been around the world and had seen a lot of them and it hit him the same way every time.

If you don't want to experience it, don't. It might not hit you that way, I don't know, but I've never known anybody who's seen one who hasn't been totally blown away by it. The friend who we watched the last one with at his farm said he sure was glad that we came down. He said if we hadn't been there, he would have kept on working, maybe would have glanced up at it a few times, but he wouldn't have sat down and experienced it like that if we weren't there.

Edited by Sidneyfarmer 3/22/2024 10:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)