AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JDlink ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cyclones30
Posted 3/27/2024 08:24 (#10682292 - in reply to #10681452)
Subject: RE: JDlink ?

Midwest

pork - 3/26/2024 15:37 You will have to excuse my ignorance , I’m falling behind on my knowledge of jds wired world. I got a gs5 and plugged the the above mentioned Wi-Fi adapter into it thinking that is what is required to use (jd link) to transfer data to and from operations center to the gs5 . And now I want to do the same with my gs3 . I’m beginning to think I am way off track.

Something like that is how you'd connect the display to WiFi. If you were close to the shop or home or using your phone hotspot I guess. Usually an easy way to do software updates. JD-Link is using a cell modem (4G MTG) that's typically hidden under the floor mat behind or next to the seat and a wire from that goes to the back of the display. 2630 has a round ethernet plug and G4 and G5 have rectangular so it takes a different cable but same operation between the two. You buy the MTG and data plan is free. Transfer data to and from the display while in the field or anywhere you get cell service. Can also allow dealer or someone you trust to login from computer and see your screen for support if you allow it. Very handy for that (Remote Display Access

Edited by cyclones30 3/27/2024 08:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)