AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ironic?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 4/1/2024 21:04 (#10689902 - in reply to #10686570)
Subject: RE: Ironic?

southern MN
I am less than a mile from a small village that is just big enough the phone co put in some high speed copper wire equipment years ago. I was able to get 1m service on the copper wire when that was a big deal. They upgraded it to 3m and dropped the price by 1/3 a couple years later, and now I’m at 12m service for about the same price through that copper wire. It has been pretty dependable and works well for streaming we can have a tv show streaming and do a FaceTime and use another iPad all at the same time and no issues. It’s not screaming fast as newer connections these days, but it’s pretty darn good and rarely had buffer, lag, slow down, or what ever one wants to call it, issues.

So….. telephone copper wire service has always seemed pretty good for me. A my back yard perspective.

As I travel with my Verizon iPad, there seem a lot of slow data areas, or dark areas in my greater neighborhood. Along with the old plans of fairly limited data caps this always seems like a very limiting way to access internet, again in my back yard.

Thanks for the explanation.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)