AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 4940 - New Leader Dry Box Rate Controller Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cooter2
Posted 3/27/2024 15:37 (#10682895)
Subject: Deere 4940 - New Leader Dry Box Rate Controller Question

We have a Deere 4940 sprayer that we converted to a dry spreader. It now has a New Leader 3220 Dry Box with a controller that says "John Deere CCU/SRC Gen 4, PN: AN207114" (which apparently acts as both the Chassis control unit and the Sprayer (or dry spreader in this case) control unit, i think.....). Currently we have to run a 2630 display for the machine and dry spreader controller. And actually I think the 4640 will work fine for the machine but the dry spreader controller does not seem to work properly with the 4940 (for example the spinner RPM is always 1200, not 825 or whatever its supposed to be).

We have converted all of our displays to 4640's other then the 2630 we needed to keep for this machine. The problem is that things like Autopath and other guidance features are only available on the 4640's. I was able to get the system working so we can use a 4640 for the guidance and prescriptions and then we use a 2630 for the machine and dry box controller, but it is not a perfect system and requires you to do funny things to get it to work right (like starting the displays in the proper order). I would rather just use a 4640 with an extend display (cuz we also have cameras that we like to show on a display on it).

Its my understanding we would want to use a Dry Rate Controller vs to Rate Controller 2000 for this if we can get it to work, so that is my first question, which is the better option.

Next, does anyone have experience with this or gotten it to work? If so what needs done? I was hoping we could just get the proper controller and get a harness (I have a call in to Ag Express for this) to connect the controller to the chassis.

Or are there just some updates we need to do to make this work? Our Deere techs are saying this may not work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)