AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Headsight Sprayer row guidance cost?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/1/2024 15:22 (#10689435 - in reply to #10689387)
Subject: RE: Headsight Sprayer row guidance cost?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm not positive but I don't think the Headsight row guidance for sprayers is available any longer.

Winter before last, I ordered and received a Headsight Truesight II feeler steering system for corn with my Deere Combine. Since I had Ag Leader's Steady Steer in it, I was able to use the Steady Steer motor with it. For soybeans, I use the Steady Steer motor with the Steady Steer controller from Ag Leader and the combine is steered via AB lines and GPS.

For corn harvest I disconnect the Steady Steer motor from the Ag Leader controller and plug it into the Headsight controller which is connected to feelers on the corn head. I also need to unplug my engage switch and plug it into the other harness. They both work well.

When I got my Headsight kit, I unpacked it and laid out the pieces. While doing so I noticed a packet of setup information and some advertising. Included was a nice brochure showing a Hagie sprayer with an assembly that could be lowered so feelers could feel the rows and steer the sprayer.

I had some questions about my kit and called support. They were very helpful. While talking to them I asked about the sprayer guidance. The person asked how I knew of the product. I said I had read the nice colorful brochure that came with my combine field kit. He was surprised that I had received the brochure.

He said that since they had been bought out, the new owners didn't think they wanted to be in the feeler guidance game for steering sprayers so the product was dropped.

Later I talked with the dealer who actually lives close to the Headsight folks. I asked him about the sprayer steering. He said the brochure was in my packet since my unit was a carry over from the year before and yes, the product had been dropped.

I asked him about any used ones that might be available. He said that since I was using assisted steering rather than hydraulic steering, it wouldn't work very well anyway. Another drawback of trying to use the controller in the sprayer and then moving it to the combine was that the unit did not have the ability to "remember" two separate profiles and that a person would need to recalibrate with each move. He said a second controller was really best.

Edited by tedbear 4/1/2024 15:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)