AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Needles and vax technique
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 4/18/2024 06:51 (#10711025 - in reply to #10710442)
Subject: Ha ha Doug,...

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
No problem here Doug, you know what your doing like working with people that know what needs to be done. Everyone has their preferences on equipment. I used to be in the camp of using 1" x16 ga needles. Then went to 3/4", sons got me to switch to 5/8". Honestly I prefer them now on vaccines. I've gotten used to sticking needle in then slightly pulling back and find the sweet spot to pull trigger.

I agree it depends on outdoor temps on guage of needles, only time we use 18 ga is on horses, and 14 ga on cows to I.V. them. My rant on other post was allowing people that have never filled syringes to have total control of your vaccination that day. Just having air in syringe effects injecting product. It great people want to help, I just hate when people risk such an important job to someone that has never been around it.

I agree all vaccines kept cool, only mix as needed right then. We buy a lot of 5 ml and 10 ml doses to fill in on odd numbers being worked that day. You can't belive the amount of people think a 8 way covers everything they need because it has a 8 on the label.

Then they cry about prices of vaccines, yet they don't get the big picture of the insurance you are trying to protect yourself with and future feeder buying your calves.

Can I come run a hotshot for you down alley? LOL another topic for another day! "Smiles"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)