AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Waterline experts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

WCWI
Posted 4/18/2024 22:11 (#10712145 - in reply to #10712109)
Subject: RE: Waterline experts

I have around 5000 feet on 125 acres starting with 2000 feet of 1" pipe going to 1,000 feet of 3/4" pipe, rest of the pipe is branch lines. First 300 feet buried 6 feet deep to Jug waterer next 500 feet buried 6 inches deep rest lays on top of the ground. Also at times will use 5-600 feet of garden hose on the end for certain areas that only get grazed in the fall. All fed by a 3/4 hp. submersible pump in about a 160 foot well. Hilly enough most drains on it own, use 150 gallon tanks with full flow floats which as long as cows are with in 5-600 feet( under 3-400 feet better) so they come in in 2and 3 at a time all day long will keep up to about 60 pair, any more and would need more tank capacity. My "THEORY" would be that if using 160# psi pipe and if it is buried at least 6 inches deep it should stand freezing as long as it freezes and stays frozen, then all thaws out, not a continuous freezing and thawing action on it the pipe should stand it, I stress this a THEORY, I have not done it because mine has natural slope to drain and most is not buried, I believe that it does not all drain out clean though FWIW.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)