AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 4930 speed not always consistent, any thoughts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

730diesel
Posted 4/18/2024 19:43 (#10711923)
Subject: John Deere 4930 speed not always consistent, any thoughts?

NE ND
I posted this last summer:
https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1120071&mid=10...

I've been battling this for some time. It seems to be pretty normal but this pops up every now and then.

Today I took it for a drive to warm up hyd oil and change it. Went right up to 25 mph, eventually I bumped it to 30 mph. It sat around 27.5 most of the time. I turned around at an intersection to go back to shop. After bumping back up through ranges it went right to 30 mph.

Sometimes several times a day I'll get position error codes and hydro handle position error codes. I've replaced the poteniometer at the bottom of the hydro handle and the harness with the micro switches. I've calibrated the hydro handle many times. Last summer realizing the armrest harness travels down below the seat I saw large round electrical connector (the style with a black plastic rotating nut like on combine header), I turned the nut. It turned almost a full turn, the connector came together quite a bit. For quite a while, it was much much better. However it seems to be back.

Couple times last year I had to turn off the sprayer and start over end everything was fine.

Do I have a bad CCU? Everyone talks about alternators going bad, could that be it? Bad hydro cable? I'm running out of bullets. Tough part is when you do a calibration if things are out of spec it should give an error but nothing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)