AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FWA fluid in the tires update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 4/19/2024 09:51 (#10712577 - in reply to #10712476)
Subject: RE: FWA fluid in the tires update

Jeffersonville, OH
jd4930 - 4/19/2024 09:44

prmckay220 - 4/19/2024 07:49

Have you actually weighed front vs rear axle weights? That info will be helpful in any ' hop' condition, road or field

This! Every time I hear people complain about tire performance you can almost assume that 90% haven't started with the basics, getting axle weights and adjusting air pressure have solved every tire performance problem we have had

Or even tried to adjust pressure to see if it makes a difference...

I can't tell you how many times I get to a tractor for something, and the farmer starts complaining about ride, power hop, bouncing, etc...and I get my tire gauge out and the tires are at 35psi. "Well, it's what it said on the tire"

Yeah, but 800/70R38's on a 520 Versatile with ZERO weight needs about 10psi, not 35psi. Miraculously, they call a week later and it's better, like a new tractor again....well, that would also be because I set them before it left the dealership when it was a new tractor.

It's not everyone, and I hate to generalize, but man, it's exhausting to have to fight simple problems along with the major ones. The simple ones are the one's that cause guys to want to trade colors...

Chris

EDIT: I guess I need guys to get int he fields, they are driving me insane trying to get things ready and it appears I'm getting cranky LOL

Edited by c_mayer 4/19/2024 09:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)