AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Transitioning to the Green economy.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 4/20/2024 13:52 (#10713532 - in reply to #10713488)
Subject: RE: Apparently we are not going to run out anytime soon

This came up a few years ago, but was pretty much ignored. I think all the experts loved talking about peak oil and sounding like they actually knew something.

Consider it is the same type of expert folks going on about CO2 and global warming. They all sound so convincing. The latest (to me) thing is CO2 balance. Who doesn't want balance. Balance is good I guess. Well there really is no such thing as there is no CO2 forcing in nature. The assumption is we are at the edge of total catastrophe, so act on the manufactured fear. It would have happened a long time ago when there were more fires and volcanoes, yet here we are. I've never experienced this disregard for basic science and even common sense.

If we discovered some magic power source that replaces batteries, I'd drive electric vehicles. So far it's not happening.

However, almost all of this is a irrelevant. The green deal is a money and power grab for the well connected. It funnels huge dollars into green projects that generally take the money and run (think solydra and maybe rivean in my back yard). I don't think anyone involved thinks we will transition to green. They won't and I imagine there will be plenty of folks saying "well they need to drive diesel SUV's and fly around in private jets" while they eat bugs. Don't lose sight of the big picture. Fear has driven most major issues these days and it doesn't look like the marketing plan is going to change.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)