AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Marking boundaries and adaptive curves JD 2630
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nabh302
Posted 4/21/2024 09:46 (#10714422)
Subject: Marking boundaries and adaptive curves JD 2630

Royal City, WA
I see a lot of people using utv's and other vehicles for marking boundaries and guidance lines to put into JD Ops. This year I tried using an adaptive curve I made with my JD 8360RT and GP 40' front fold, draw bar pull planter for my JD 1720 3 pt planter. Not thinking of it before, the curve line for the GP planter turned out much different than the JD planter curve as the driven path of each was different and receiver position was different. I would like to be able to mark boundaries and set up guidance lines before starting work in the field and wondering if I can do that with a UTV to mork with all tractors, planters, and tillage equipment. Does making guidance curve lines differ from a track tractor to a wheel or an articulating tractor as to how the drive around curves and obstacles? Looking for any advice or tricks that make for better guidance lines aroung the edge of fields with different tractors and implements. Everything we farm is under a pivot with reversing stops, canals, and power poles for obstacles at times. TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)