AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More on the Honda MUV 700 Big Red
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 4/22/2024 20:12 (#10715825)
Subject: More on the Honda MUV 700 Big Red

East Central Arkansas
Got all the plastic pulled off where I could see and get to anything. Too the Air Idle Control Valve out and cleaned it. I didn't realize turning the little plunger adjusted it. Was blowing it off after using some WD 40 to clean it. Noticed the plunger turning but didn'the think about it changing anything. Put it back in and high idle problem was worse. Found something doing a Web search about it having adjustment. Pulled it back out and turned it several turns cc. Put it back in and had a slow idle that seems to be allowing the transfer to function right when shifting into gear and also when you come to a stop using the brake. I really don'the see how this was causing the severe shifting problems. I don'the know for sure this is all the problem but I did run it hard up and down the road and it didn'the act up. I did find something I didn't like and it was done at the Honda dealer. The wires for the fuel injector had been cut into and just stripped back and twisted together with a little tape covering them. This was from several years back when the dealer did some work on it. I guess they were doing some sort of test.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)