AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do others do with single bull in non-breeding season
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

wurtzy
Posted 4/25/2024 08:44 (#10717304 - in reply to #10716840)
Subject: RE: What do others do with single bull in non-breeding season

Valley, NE
My bull, aptly named "Richard" because he's kind of a "richard head" stayed in the middle pen all winter with solid fences and gates that were chained and wired, he has a little 15ft x 8ft shed that gets bedded with corn stalks and gets a scoop of ground corn everyday from the kids. This last fall, i had a geriatric cow that was getting picked on, but was bred up, so she stayed in there with him to get a bit more corn outside the cow herd. He had the replacement heifers and couple steers on one side of him and 4 freezer beef on the otherside and two horses to the north of him. he had everything he needed and i kept him pretty comfortable and he didint feel the need to push on gates or fence. We did have a tractor tire feedtub with a 30 gallon barrel 1/2 full of gravel he toyed with if he got wound up and needed to beat on something. He would bellar at the heifers but wasnt much of a problem. Give them a buddy or something to do and make them confortable, and they'll lounge around until working season.

I have had single bulls go in with the horses for the winter on the round bale in the past and get his scoop of pellets like the horses every day, and they got along fine until the bull started chewing on horse tails.

(Pictures of Richard for attention)

Edited by wurtzy 4/25/2024 08:44

(richard1 (full).jpg)

(richard2 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments richard1 (full).jpg (171KB - 11 downloads)
Attachments richard2 (full).jpg (164KB - 12 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)