AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hyd oil in Deere tractors.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 4/27/2024 12:34 (#10720185 - in reply to #10720083)
Subject: RE: Hyd oil in Deere tractors.

Jeffersonville, OH
jd8850 - 4/27/2024 12:17

Most of these threads start with the bashing of high JD prices but often the competitors prices aren't mentioned. I question if Case IH or Cenex is much cheaper.
This I do know:
I just checked 2 days ago and JD bulk +50 and Hygard are both $18 from local dealer
Prius motor oil sane specs are 13.91.
Their hydraulic was around $12.
These are drum prices
As mentioned, convenience is worth a lot. We have cheap, free 280 gallon chemical shuttles to hold our oils and antifreeze. Dealer comes out even if we're not around and fills them hassle free.

Yep, noticed that myself.

AGCO oil I buy in 330 totes and store, usually buy at least a truckload at a time. I'm not setup for bulk delivery to our own tanks, but maybe in the future.

I take the 330 totes and transfer to 405 gallon tanks in the shop, and distribute from there.

Right now, if you bring me a barrel to fill, or I bill you oil in the shop, our prices are:

15w-40 $18.95 across the counter
Permatran 821KL is $21.00

Discounts apply to that if there are any parts or shop specials, usually 2 weeks in late March, and last 2 weeks of the year we do a 15% cash, or 10% credit discount on Oil, Filters, and batteries, along with some seasonal parts.

We have customers that buy our oil, we have customers that don't. We do have a good local oil distributor that has been doing on farm, bulk-delivery for 30 years, so it's hard to beat that if it's priced reasonable.

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)