AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Configuration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/13/2007 21:57 (#87819 - in reply to #87710)
Subject: I'll try it -

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Good Point - I have a Demo Insight at the store and I will try this using SMS to transfer in some of my fields etc. Since this is a Demo unit no harm will be done and the exercise should provide some clairty to the situation.

I would certainly think that your fields would be added to rather than writing over the fields currently in the spreader's Insight.

Since we have some customers with two Insights, some strategies need to be explored to handle these multiple situations in the most workable manner.

I notice from the last Newsletter that there are some changes with AutoSwath. It will no longer be necessary to have a field boundary although it is probably still desirable. I would think that in the case of an individual farmer doing operations on his own fields that a boundary would be useful. Since it can be used over again, the effort is probably worthwhile.

In the case of a custom applicator who may never return to a particular field, the ability to use AutoSwath without the hassle of creating a boundary is probably desirable.

Without a field boundary, the operator will need to be very careful and not swing a boom out over the outside of a field over a different crop as the boom may very well come back on. The easiest and safest way around this is to let Autoswath shut the booms off and then have the operator shut off the Master Switch as he makes his turn. If a boom should swing out of the field area, the boom will not come on with the Master off.

Once the rig is "squared up" for the next pass and all sections of the boom are within the field, the operator can then switch the Master switch back On and AutoSwath will bring the booms back on as it sees fit.

Also AutoSwath can now be set to "No Gaps", No Overlap or a percentage of the boom. It sounds as if this setting is associated with each product. This should mean that those products where overlapping does no harm can be set to the No Gaps setting as was standard in the past. If there is a product where doubling will cause damage, then that product could be set to No Overlap. This would mean that some areas would not be covered but this might be desirable with certain products. The third choice would seem to give the operator some choice in between.

Edited by tedbear 1/13/2007 21:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)