AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oven and range suggestions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Highplainsnotillr
Posted 1/7/2010 12:25 (#1008363 - in reply to #1006869)
Subject: RE: Oven and range suggestions

Western CO
We just redid our kitchen about a year ago. We have a kitchenaid in the wall oven that my wife loves. We had a Jenn-air before and this Kitchenaid is MUCH better. The old one had a convection oven but she would never use it because the heat circulation was not very good. This one we use the convect all the time, the heat circulation is very good -- not particularly cheap however. I think we paid about $1700 from a place near Chicago online. They are usually about 25-30% off retail or better and they ship to your door for free -- will even install it if you want them to. We didn't do that because the kitchen wasn't finished when the appliances showed up. It might take a month or more to get them this way because they sort of ship in bunches -- probably get a better deal on freight if they have a truckload. We were thinking of going double ovens too but the lower one would be the same height as one under a range unless you raised it so the upper one was really high. We went with the single instead and then put a warming drawer under it. The warming drawer we have will actually do slow cooker temps and both the warming drawer and the oven will proof bread. With the convection oven's ability to have multiple sheets/pans we figured we'd be ok and so far we've been really happy with this. One other nice thing in some of the new ovens is the element is under the bottom of the oven so you don't have to clean around it. Ours also has the racks with the handles built in and one of them is on basically a drawer slide that allows it to fully extend out of the oven for putting large items in and out. It seemed to me when we were appliance shopping that the ovens and refrigerators were the highest priced.

We also put in a 5 burner 36" wide smooth cooktop. It has the adjustable burner sizes, it's also really nice having the 36" wide cooktop -- you can have two people cooking different things on each side and you are not in the way of one another. I wanted one of the cooktops that have the touch controls but we found a closeout deal on this one -- there were only two left in Denver and had it marked down a bunch so we went with this one. Ours is a GE.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)