AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2 system cost
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 1/29/2007 21:51 (#96232 - in reply to #96225)
Subject: Re: GS2 system cost

Grand Rapids, MI
I really can't comment on the cost of the system. I am sure your dealer would be more than happy to quote you. I am rather certain that the GS2 will run a Rawson controller, I have a client that has a Rawson and upgraded to the GS2. Didn't hear any issues, but if you don't hear back from anyone else here on this issue, I will ask him next time I meet with him. On that note, your GS1 will run the Rawson also, I am not sure if you were looking to replace it, or if this in a different tractor.

As far as software, that is something I have much more experience with. You are very much on the right track with using EasiSuite to write the prescription maps. I would consider there to be no disadvantage from the "in the cab/GS2" perspective to writing prescriptions with EasiSuite. In fact this spring EasiSuite could export prescriptions for the early planting season before JD's own Apex software. I am not sure how you are going to vary your prescription, but Apex would be very limited in its abilities. I think it might do ok with standard soil type maps and 1 population assigned to each soil type. EasiSuite will do whatever math you can dream up between layers as a basis for your population prescriptions, draw maps off past yeilds, use soil type plus yield, etc the possibilities are wide open. So the real advantage will be in the prescription writing, i would assume no major differences in the prescription application, from my experience.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)