AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Laundry equipment.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pofarmer
Posted 1/13/2010 17:42 (#1020851)
Subject: Laundry equipment.

Early this fall the timer on our old Maytag washing machine started going out. A new one was in the neighborhood of $175. This was a second hand machine to start with, and I was getting pretty good at being a washer repairman. We also had an older clothesdryer, that was, well, less than optimum. Nobody liked to use it, and it sounded like somebody was running a lawnmower in the room. Well, right before Thanksgiving, Home Depot ran a huge sale on Maytag and LG washer and dryer sets. The 3000 series Maytag was on sale for basically half off. My wife went over and got the washing machine ordered, but didn't get the dryer. Now, since I'm the one who sits at the desk and listens to the dryer, I went back two days later and bought the dryer. They finally delivered them the 28th or so of December. We got the 3000 series frontload washer and dryer with the pedestals. Man, I never knew washing clothes could be so nice. Pour a little of the proper detergent in a cup on top, throw in the clothes, the machine weighs them and puts the proper amount of water in and mixes everything. No filling the machine, then putting in the soap, then dunking the clothes in the water. And, man, does this thing ever spin, the clothes do come out much dryer. And the dryer has a sensor that will quit when the clothes are dry and not over dry. First dryer I've ever been around that doesn't shrink jeans. So far we love this stuff. Not sure how it will hold up, but it sure is nice right now. It's so easy an old farm boy can even do the laundry. d;0)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)