AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ulcerative Colitis
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

semosandfarmer
Posted 1/21/2010 20:24 (#1034595 - in reply to #1034435)
Subject: Re: Ulcerative Colitis

East Prairie, MO
My wife has it, she takes Remicade infusions every 6 weeks. By the time we found out she had it she was literally near death, finally got a proper diagnosis and Dr. Freeman in Cape has made huge progress and at this point he says things look so much better than the first time he took a look inside. In a womans case pregnancy makes most of the symptoms go away due to some hormone and she currently is expecting. We found out after our first was born a little over 5 years ago. Doctor says that since we now know that she has it and know that pregnancy holds it off, maybe we can hit it hard with Remicade after she has the baby and give it a Knock out punch, at the very least should be able to keep her from getting worse again. Diet DOES make a difference, in her case seeds are killer, seeds on a Burger bun or in veggies are a No No. She always has joked that the only food that she can get along with during this is unhealthy junk foods. Salads and Chinese give her BIG problems. She can tell you every Restroom in the Tri-county area and there's always supplies in the vehicles for emergencies. I see by your Mapdot that Cape Girardeau may be in reach for you and if so I would Strongly recommend trying to get in to see Dr. Michael Freeman located in Doctors Park.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)