AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another potato question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JohnW
Posted 7/18/2010 03:15 (#1277756 - in reply to #1277021)
Subject: RE: Another potato question

NW Washington
I have seen video of a walk behind tractor fitted with a knife to undercut the spuds and the horizontal knife had several rods attached to it ran out behind the undercutter. The knife and the rod were attached a powered crank that caused the and rods or tines to vibrated up and down as the knife went through the soil. The vertical vibration of the rods will cause the spuds to seem to just hop to the surface of the soil. Seem like this apparatus was being used in Korea.

I have also seem a horse drawn rig that worked in a similar fashion, but it used a small wheel behind the undercutter the had its axle shaft hole offset so that the tines moved up and down as it was pulled through the soil. This apparatus has handles on the back like a walking plow. The top picture is on of these spud diggers.

I can not imagine how to rig up your Troy built to do this, especially with the tine drive being in the center.

I think this is the digger I am referring to: http://www.springerlink.com/content/a94245368546u70u/

Edited by JohnW 7/18/2010 03:17

(left hand plow, potatoe digger.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments left hand plow, potatoe digger.jpg (10KB - 248 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)