AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Road Trip
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Fefernuse
Posted 8/23/2010 17:57 (#1328868 - in reply to #1328580)
Subject: Re: Road Trip

Litchfield MN.
Being AAA (Triple A) members is also a comfort.

Our 21 year old moved to Nashville with a friend when he was 20 to try it in the music industry there. They had found a nice apartment beforehand, but the rest, they were going to figure out when they got there. Our 18 year old took a 16 hour trip with two friends to the Grand Tetons in Wyoming this summer. We had him signed up with AAA, gave him a Garmin for his birthday in January and gave him our credit card for emergencies. We also gave one of his friends a set of the car keys. I have to say, "Thank God for cell phones!" He called me on a Wednesday night. He was bored and there had been a serious lightening storm that had passed, he told me. We chatted for a nice while. Thursday at noon I was watching the news, listening to the rescue that had taken place at the park--hikers were injured from the severe lightening storm that took place the night before. I could listen in peace because I had talked to my son that night before and knew he had been alright.

When I was 21, I spent a month in Europe, taking the subways on my own if my friends wanted to do something else. I also got lost in a town in Hungary, but found my way to the train station in time to meet up with my friends to head back to Budapest. You are only in your twenties once and I feel it's the time to explore and enjoy before settling down. I still felt apprehension with my boys--which I'm sure my parents did, too--but, I put my trust in God and the boys, themselves. I felt it's all part of becoming a man/woman.

Mrs. Fefernuse
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)