AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Active Threads shows posts from another user
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 4/19/2007 17:56 (#139498 - in reply to #138591)
Subject: RE: Active Threads shows posts from another user

Southeast Wyoming

Omar, I think you have it figured out correctly.  I have noticed that if I search for articles by an author such as "Bob", posts from every author name that contains the string "bob" will be returned.

Yes, it would be nice if the software returned only the exact match but I do not believe there is a "switch" to set it that way.  I don't know if that problem/suggestion has been brought to the attention of the software developers.  As you are probably more aware of than I, different db applications handle some wildcard's differently than others.  I believe the software was initially developed for a different db application and occasionally a bug or quirk will present itself.  The software developers have been good about addressing those things that they see as a problem.

If we were dealing with html, the problem would be relatively easy to isolate, but asp provides new challenges, set within an increasingly busy farming schedule for all.  I hope the problem is not a big inconvenience until such time as (if ever) the software developers can address the problem.

Gary

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)