AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best new crop corn stratagy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 5/16/2007 21:53 (#150786 - in reply to #150377)
Subject: Re: Best new crop corn stratagy?

southern MN
That makes a lot of sense. The original poster seems to want a garrentee that he will get top $ for 100% of his production. (So do I - not trying to say anything here! :)

Ain't none of us gonna do that - either top $, or top yield. All the time.

One just tries to get better than average. Steady sales in small increments means you will come out ahead of the game most of the time, and not have grossly over-sold yourself on a poor crop chance.

Home run hitters make good money in baseball. Steady dependable above-average makes long term gain in the business world......

Most years, sell 1/3 if you get past break-even. Sell 1/3 on rallies that make you some actual money - hope they come most years? Play with 1/3 close to or after harvest if you feel like gambling a little.

This year, hard to go _wrong_ with a sale, unless you hold on to 100% and wait for it to drop to $2 corn.... :)

Note that I'm a simple guy, & don't get into puts & calls & beyond all that much. Just watch trends a little, like to be pretty sure I have the crop before I sell over 1/2 of it, and so forth. My style, yours can be different & no problem there. :)

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)