AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thanks Ed.Verification code and Red x's.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 7/7/2007 22:26 (#171631 - in reply to #171584)
Subject: Re: Thanks Ed.Verification code and Red x's.

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.
Mike, there are a couple ways I can think of to loose the login so quickly. Normally the fact that you are logged in is stored in a cookie on your machine. That cookie is set to expire after 90 days so it is normal to need to log in occasionally. If you clear cookies when leaving AgTalk or have your browser set to clear them automatically, the cookie will be erased and you'll need to login again Also, the cookie needs to refer to the URL of AgTalk that you are using. For reasons that are largely beyond my control, we are stuck with two URLs that will get you to the same spot on the Internet. One is talk.newagtalk.com and the other is the awful string of http://www.onlinehome-server.com If you login using one URL, the cookie will be for that URL. If you click a link for the URL that you aren't logged into, that will then take you to the site but you won't be logged in there.
Also seems that we have been having more than our share of problems with satellite providers lately. I realize that sat service is the only option in some places, so we deal with it. I place a lot of the blame on the provider's pre-fetch caching that gets out of sync with what is happening in the here and now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)