AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New poster here............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

wildcat1
Posted 8/22/2007 08:42 (#191294 - in reply to #191232)
Subject: Re: New poster here............

South Central Kansas
Hi Ed,

I have dozens of pics of my place, many from the air. I'll have to figure out how to get them to show up here.

I'm one of the first notillers around here, first did it in 1990. I've always had a double crop history and I had to plant dome DC milo. It was dry and I didn't want to burn and disk so I drilled about 150 acres of DC milo into very dry wheat stubble. Finally got a little rain to bring it up but it only made 15 bushels. The next year, the milo on that notill ground was better than milo on some fallow ground. I was still working up the suli since I didn't have a no till planter, but I have never burned or disked DC ground again. ALways drilled it until I bought an IH 800 in 1993. I now have an 8 row CIH 955. It will plant in anything.

I am no tilling all of my wheat here this year, even back into wheat stubble and un cut wheat. A little scary, but I have a friend in Jewell Kansas who has been doing it for years. Will try to control the tan spot and sceptoria with Dividend Extreme.

The only double cropping I was able to do this years was 230 acres of sunflowers. They are really starting to grow now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)