AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pictures of storm damage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

JDH SE IA
Posted 8/26/2007 14:45 (#193519 - in reply to #193363)
Subject: JohnG.....

Burlington, IA
Hi JohnG, did you grow up at Rozetta, and would your parents be Charlie and Judy? If so, I know who you are, but I haven't seen you since you were a very young pup. I know your folks, aunts and uncles, and went to school with your cousins Paul and John, and your Uncle Jim. I went to church at Rozetta until I got married in '87 and moved to the Iowa side of the river. The ladies of the church even threw a shower for my wife.

If that's you, I'm glad to see you joined the farm after you grew up. Although I work in the seed business, I haven't been over to the IL side of the river since the storm, although I'll be going through on the way to FPS Tuesday morning. How widespread is the damage, and did the Clark's, Allaman's, and some of the other Rozetta/Biggsville folks suffer much crop damage? Your dad's quite the Charlie (that's a good thing)! I should stop in to see him sometime. I've been thinking we need to come over some Sunday morning for church, but haven't gotten it done yet.

I hope a lot of the crop is salvageable, but that's part of farming. Keep posting, you are a sharp young farmer. Good luck, it may be a long fall for all of us.

Regards,
JDH
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)