AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I don't "get" RR corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nayrgro
Posted 9/1/2007 12:08 (#196666 - in reply to #196583)
Subject: Re: I don't "get" RR corn

Tekonsha Mi.
Last year we had some RR corn, on half of the acres we went with 1.25 Qt. harness x-tra down at plant and came back when the weed were about 1" tall, on the other half we went with 1.5 QT. Degree X-tra at spike or a little taller. On the rest of our acres we used harness x-tra at 2.1 qt per. acre and 2-3 oz. of hornet. We hand better yields and a less costly program with the RR corn and we like the program where we spayed it all latter we could use less product. So that is the program we went with this year. Here are the reasons we like it so well.
1) We always plant early this year we were in the fields full force April 20. We planted for about 4-5 days than got the rain storms (as usually) we got back in the fields 1 week latter and finished up. That has been the norm for us for the past 7-10 years. when we put our residuals down with the planter compared to waiting till spike which in some cases that could be 1 month than our residual had that much more reach into the fall for late emerging grasses.
2) We have a problem with trizen resistant lambs quarter and I believe hornet prunes my roots. Which transforms to yield
3) As you had mentioned most of the new numbers are RR so to get the best genetics I was buying RR corn and since I was paying the tech fee I am going to use the program.

As for volunteer corn in soy's I use all Monsanto products and with that comes the RU rewards program. It paid for more than half of my accent this year which was used on 100 acres out of 1000.

As for RR Soy's in my corn well I hope that degree will take care of them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)