AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

moisture tester
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nayrgro
Posted 9/7/2007 04:19 (#199730 - in reply to #199529)
Subject: Re: moisture tester

Tekonsha Mi.
I agree with Ed if you are getting hot corn out of the dryer it is hard to beat the old dole tester with the big dial. I was looking at a new gac that they use at the local ethanol plant but it was $2100 and it was no more accurate that the dole that I had at home but it did do test weight. But if you want one to ride with you in the combine I like the dicky john like boog was talking about the only thing about those is you can make it read anywhere you want within 10 points depending how fast you pour the grain in to the tester. The reason I got the dole is because of the temp reading. You use a thermometer and add or subtract points depending on the temp. My dryer dumps hot (120 deg.) and the auto temp sensing moister testers like boog was talking about didn't compensate correctly for my hot corn coming out of the dryer. I have had my dole for 2 years now and my corn coming out of the bins have been testing from 13.5 to 15.0.
So I guess it all depends on what you want to use it for!!

Ed how does your old dole do on your soy's that have green pods??? I still haven't got storing soybeans down to a science can anyone help
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)