AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why Apex?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DAN wcOH
Posted 9/13/2007 22:03 (#203311)
Subject: Why Apex?

Greenville, OH
Ted, that's a very good question. I guess I just can't stand it when something that I paid dearly for doesn't work. Ha.
I haven't tried Apex 2.0. I'm am curious how anyone could keep 1.5 working. I've read some posts that indicate guys are using it. All it ever did for me was wipe out the complete operating system on four different computers. I will say that one system was probably not it's fault. That was virtual PC on a Mac. I then tried it on a Dell laptop and a Sony laptop and did get last years harvest info printed out before I had to completly reinstall XP.
I then bought a new Intel Mac that will run XP natively and it still would crash the system. Now I"m not really an XP person having always used Mac, but I get along with everything else.
I finally told one smart a** at stellar support that I would give up my 9660 before I would give up my Mac. That didn't go down too well.
Anyway, I am using AFS with a CaseIH planter and have used Farmworks Sitemate Scout for soil sampling and can usually accomplish what I need given enough time. But I'm looking for something a little more friendly and liked what I saw with Apex. Only it didn't work.

Ted Macy.. were you around Richmond In. in the early eighties? And maybe at the first Purdue Farm computer conference, I don't remember the year??

Dan
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)