AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

monsanto
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Husker02
Posted 9/28/2007 11:56 (#211192 - in reply to #210638)
Subject: RE: monsanto

SE Nebraska
It seems that those that have replied to this thread have a thing against agri-business being "in their pockets".

I just really made me think of the question how most farmers view agri-business. Would you rather just buy a product and not have any service behind it whatsoever? How would one feel if they never had an agri-business personnal give them a recommendation again? How are those recommendations viewed? Agri-business has to be "in the farmers/producers/growers/insert title here" pockets in order to pay personnel to give out recommendations that will hopefully improve their clientele's bottom line, wether it be from the Big M or the Big P.

As i view it, traits have made a lot of farmers lives much easier and has really helped most in this area benefit and increase their bottom line. I view the Big M as a pretty solid company who was the first to release traits and have rightfully made money off of them. if it didn't help anybody out, why have traits been exepted the way thay have. Isn't this just good old fashion capitalism at its best?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)