AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got my SMS maps downloaded
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 9/30/2007 18:43 (#212265)
Subject: Got my SMS maps downloaded

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
I finally got time to see my yield maps on soybeans for the first time. This is my first year with a yield monitor and yield maps. Very interesting to say the least. Some things really jumped out at me. Could definitly see where the light gravel spots were this year. I could see where tile was and wasn't even in a dry year.
On one farm I could see where we quit putting on manure 2 years ago. It was a 5 bu less on yield on the soybeans this year. It is VERY evident on the map. Wow thats 45$ an acre at these prices. Looks like I should have put up 2 barns instead of 1.
I could also see where I forgot to enter a new load number after calibrating a load. NO yield data for a little ways!!!I'm learning!!
Question, can I get GPS coordinates off the maps for areas that did not yield to expectations?? I would like to take soil tests in those areas to see whats going on.
For those of you who have maps ,what else have you noticed and done something to increase yields from those areas that don't yield to expectations??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)