AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How about good CORN ON CORN hybrids as long as we're on the subject
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jdlover
Posted 10/5/2007 08:43 (#214717 - in reply to #214664)
Subject: RE: How about good CORN ON CORN....non-gmo?

Ron..NE ILL..10/48 - 10/5/2007 06:42

I really can't tell where you're located, but it probably does matter where here is in the case of traited corn/beans. If no one is NOT using granular insecticide for RW, then I doubt RWBt would pay back anything either.

Also-I often read here that some folks tout the fact they use non-gmos & get premiums for their efforts (or is it sacrifices?). But-do those same people really want to question why ALL their neighbors or corn growers overall don't switch to non-gmo? Would that $0.35 premium still be awarded if everyone went non-gmo?

I'm not really sure of where we would get non-gmo premiums in this area anyway. I don't know of any large non-gmo buyers here. I'd guess this area is 99.99% gmo corn. Could be wrong though. Sadly though, I don't think we're first in any of the status symbols that EdW outlines however.

Yes I agree with you that if everyone used non-gmo we wouldn't have such great premiums. But I think to many people in our neck of the woods are pretty quick to jump on the triple stack band wagon just because the perception is that it is going to automatically yield better. Alot of people here are putting it on corn after soybeans and trapping efforts have proved that we don't have the rootworm variant yet. I had to side by sides with base genetics vs the fully loaded version, one test was one bushel better the other was one bushel less and that is probably with the worst corn borer pressure we have had in quite a while. Corn on corn I agree there is less risk with the technology in my opinion. my two cents
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)