AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

APEX Yield Maps
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 10/9/2007 21:18 (#216927 - in reply to #216399)
Subject: Re: APEX Yield Maps

Grand Rapids, MI
It is my understanding that if you did the August 22nd upgrade to your GS2 2600 box, you will not be able to get the correct yields in Apex 1.x. You will need to use the beta version of 2.0. Mapshots just recieved the new EIC and quickly wrote a solution for their software that seems now to work, I think within days it sounds like they will have an official FODD driver out. So Farm Works and SMS should have the ability soon.

I quite frankly can't believe how Deere keeps screwing this stuff up. To issue an update to the 2600 box just before most growers harvest, then not tell them that it will not work with any released versions of Apex, is just plain poor management to me. Then they wait well over a month to get other industry software developers a version of EIC (their interface tool) to allow them to read the data correctly. I think if you try to order a copy of the beta 2.0 they will tell you 4-6 weeks. My guess is if you pitch a fit about this mis-management you will get it sooner.

I continue to be told by quite a few what I would consider reliable sources that Deere wants to do this right. Here is Deere's statement: "Apex is a basic precision farming software program. For those customers who have advanced precision farming software needs, John Deere is committed to an open architecture format. This format allows you to easily transfer your data into your management tool of choice. " I know and have met a lot of people in managment positions at Deere, and they are overall a very well run company. Really makes me wonder what is going on over at AMS.

Edited by lorenk 10/9/2007 21:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)