AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agrigold Corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 10/12/2007 06:34 (#218166 - in reply to #216905)
Subject: RE: Agrigold Corn

West Union, Illinois

They have been a pretty good company with good products.  My problem with them has to do with their plateless seed size.  I hope they have worked out the difficulties. When my cousin farmed with us he would complain about our IH planter putting out so may doubles and triples his seed corn ran out too soon.  I was planting a "graded" size and never had a problem.

I was planting some plateless in one variety for myself because my regular medium rounds weren't available and came up short.  Out of curiosity I pulled a sample out of the planter and sent to a lab for a seed count.  With the weight stamped on the bag it should have been 75,000 per bag instead of the 80,000 I had bought.  Which matched what I got planted!

I told my rep I was pulling a sample from every lot and it if failed they could come get it.  It got to the point I would not accept plateless.  The problem only seemed to be in the plateless, the "graded" size always came up 80,000, but the plateless came up 75,000 consistently.  Like I said, I hope the issue has been resolved, but I have become a more cautious consumer.

When Poncho came on the market I wanted it on a particular variety.  I was told it was only available in plateless.  I decided if they couldn't provide what I wanted someone else would.  I've planted Beck's for the last 3 - 4 years and been very satisfied.  They have been expanding south, and are one of the companies you ought to consider.  Go to their web site and look for info from the "Southern Research Center"  They have quite a bit of info geared more toward your area.

Agri-Gold has been a good company.  They are now French  owned, but out in the field you can't tell any difference from when it was Clarence's baby.  They have some good folks working for them, good products, great information.  If I were to change it is probably the company I would change to.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)