AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Foliar Feeding Sugar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

usafarmer
Posted 10/17/2007 19:08 (#221531 - in reply to #220360)
Subject: I use molasses

Newfane NY
I tried Ed's idea on 32% on my barley this spring and I could see exactly the differance.

While reading more about "snake oil" I decided to try some on our cabbage crop. In the transplant water I used fish, seaweed powder and Humate. With a population count a few days later I found I had a 20% better surviabiliy. Figuring what the plants that died in my non treated test cost me, my mixture returned 20 times the cost of the mixture.

Then reading more on this pixey dust stuff I used it in my insectide sprays. Used 1 qt. fish, 4 oz. seaweed, Humate at .01% of my water volume per acre, 6 oz. molasses and 1.6 oz of some Yucca plant oil extract. All per acre. In years past we had a 10 day to 2 week spray program. This year we are on a 21 to 31 day program. This being a moderate to heavy worm year. This from my UAP consultant. I have saved 3 insect sprays and we have not used any fungicide sprays yet. In all years past we always used from 2 to 4 fungicide sprays on each field.

Now I started reading about Brix. Bought me a little meter and am testing each field now. Am getting from a 7 to 10 reading. I can see the corralation between higher Brix = less insect pressure.

For all the scientists that read this, No I have no proof on paper that all this stuff worked. My proof came from my 30 years and Dads 57 years of growing cabbage.
I got the knowledge that it worked by getting down to plant level and looking at its health and seeing that improved health carried thru to my extra profit from each field when harvest was over.

No I am not going Organic, I am just getting more profit per acre by changing a few things and not spending any more money that I used to.

Thanks Ed.

usafarmer John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)