AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Car GPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

CB In The Cab
Posted 11/3/2007 15:33 (#231579 - in reply to #231169)
Subject: Re: Car GPS

Central To Everything and Close to Nothing
I use an Garmin Etrex Vista C in my truck and I just got my wife a Garmin Nuvi 350. The Vista C is a versitle unit as it is weatherproof, has an altimeter, electronic compass, and does a good job of auto-routing. I see now there is a Cx version which has a removable data card something I wish mine had as it is limited to the amounts of maps you can have loaded. The 350 is nice to look at and use. The only complaint with it is that you can't program any routes like you can in the older stuff. All you can do is tell it where you want to go and insert one via point. The other Nuvi's are nice but living in Canada and/or in the country, most of the features like traffic reports really don't apply so I would save your money and not get the higher end models. The maps are all the same among the models so it just comes down to features.

I've always been a Garmin fan because they are tough and they use NavTeq for their maps. I understand TomTom makes a pretty good unit as well and are really big in Europe. Just my two cents (or 1.86US)!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)