AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mapping/survey programs--using RTK and handheld?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chip
Posted 11/6/2007 18:33 (#233170 - in reply to #233122)
Subject: Re: Mapping/survey programs--using RTK and handheld?

I would basically like an unofficial surveying system.

I would like to view a plat map, see the plots and legal descriptions, then find where each corner of each piece should be if some of the survey markers are known.

I would like to view a plat map, see what limits there are to installing a pivot (property lines, buildings, etc), go into the area and mark the property lines, buildings, roads etc..... then return to the computer and lay out a pivot point, pipeline, fence, etc.

Basically, I want to do my own 'rough estimate' surveying w/out having to hire a surveyor. By 'rough estimate' I mean within a few inches (edit or even a foot or so), and unofficial. For example, I want to find my property line, and --within a foot or so-- be able to put up a fence I know is within my property.

I am wondering if I can take the EZ-Guide equipment (with omni or RTK), mount the receiver on a pole, and use the pole as a reference point---and use the EZ-Guide output to put to a program in the computer a certain spot on the map. OR... mark a certain spot on using the pole/receiver, then come back to a desktop computer and design a field layout (pivot point, fences, pipelines, property lines, etc)

I don't know what the options are, and I really don't know where to start. I've been using a friend with a theodolite (measures distances to within a fraction of an inch using mirrors...... I run the mirror) help me find these lines, and he has been pretty darn close...... close enough, anyway...... but the procedure is slow, and I want to do more than he probably wants to help.

Edited by Chip 11/6/2007 18:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)