AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Terrain compensation accuracy (pitch, roll, yaw)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

CB In The Cab
Posted 11/11/2007 23:22 (#236214 - in reply to #236182)
Subject: Re: Terrain compensation accuracy (pitch, roll, yaw)

Central To Everything and Close to Nothing
My experience is that any product that uses a gyro and accellerometer, usually works pretty good. There are some products that correct for pitch, roll, and yaw and there are others that only do roll and yaw. Deere and Trimble use this type of TC. Deere's iTC corrects for roll and yaw and Trimble's Autopilot corrects for pitch as well. I have run both accross fields with 70' of elevation change and I personally can't see the difference in a broad acre situation. AutoFarm uses three separate recievers for their TC which they claim is better at slow speed applicaitons but I can't speak to this personally. I also find that when you have sudden changes in terrain in several directions is when the terrain compensators can run into problems. This is more so with the entry level steering products and higher rates of speed than it is with the higher end integrated systems. If you are pulling an implement, tool side draft will not be corrected which is really what you are trying to acheive. Deere and Trimble have implement guidance products available or soon to be available. If you don't have one of these add ons all you really need to keep in mind when going over your slopes is that as long as your slope is consistent and you drive back and forth the amount of tool side draft should be the same in each direction and your overlap or skip should be minimal.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)