AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

homemade jug rinse (from below)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 6/16/2006 07:45 (#19826 - in reply to #19801)
Subject: Re: homemade jug rinse (from below)

We've got an inductor on the sprayer, but we never get close to it with anything. All the supplies are on the trailer and we pump them all in the bottom with the water. Pallet of array is sitting right beside the venturi and cone tank all I have to do is turn around, pick up a bag and turn back around and dump it in. We start the water running when we pull up, then get on the trailer one time, put all the product in, get back down and by the time you get a drink you're ready to go. Sometimes we get close to the nurse trailer other times we have to load across drainage ditches or through fences. I'd hate to have to get the sprayer close enough to carry bags to it from the trailer.

Anything we use that is in the bulk is plumbed right into a manifold, suction is supplied from the venturi as well as a 12v booster pump. That way we can pump into the cone if we want, or use the venturi and pump. We've also got the option of using the 12v pump by itself if we've got some really large numbers to get in before the tank on the sprayer gets full. It all goes through a strainer with a magnet to keep metal filings from messing with the meter, then through a meter and directly into the venturi.

The only products we actually handle in jugs are those that we just don't use enough of to buy in bulk and those we dump in the cone by hand.

I think we've got our current trailer sold and have a step deck van sitting here that we are going to fix into a nurse trailer so we can keep everything inside. We've got some ideas of how to do it so we can do away with the hose reel and just use one or two pieces of hose depending on how far we are from the trailer. We've seen another guy down here who through a series of valves can switch around and put suction on his fill line and pull everything back out of it so all he has to handle is empty hose which is why we figure we can do away with the reel. We are going to lay parts out and see if we can get it so we can run everything except putting in the array from the ground, but I'm not sure if there is enough space in the doorways for us to get all the valves close enough to reach from the ground. That is a project for a rainy day this summer if it ever rains. I've sketched it out on paper, but unless you get real technical with it it's hard to figure out how much space all the valves, tee's and other fittings are going to take.

Gotta get out of here this morning, take care,
Ray

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)