AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MojoRTK & EZ-Steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dirtpan
Posted 11/25/2007 12:10 (#245235 - in reply to #245218)
Subject: Re: MojoRTK & EZ-Steer

Starkville, Mississippi
I'd imagine that we will to continue to see the same finger pointing that we experience now, at least down here anyway. Whenever we try to use Brand X with brand Y and it doesn't work, nobody wants to help diagnose the problem. Our problem down here is that the dealers are still behind the curve. I don't say that as a negative, just an observation. That will of course get better as time goes on. Perfect example is when I tried using our TOPCON RTK with an Agleader PF 3000. TOPCON didn't know what an PF 3000 was, and Agleader told me it was a GPS problem. That was 3 months ago and still no resolution. Another question that will come up is that when/if ISO 117783 becames mainstream, who will support that? That will be interesting phone call to Stellar suppport when your White planter isn't doing exactly what your JD 2600 console told it to do :)

I applaude the effort that all the hardware folks appear to be making as far as compatibility. It allows for more flexibility and creativity as far as applicatoin and problem solving. If we can't get SOME level of support though, we will not be any better off than before.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)